My favorite words by Nora and the definitions by yours truly:
- Teddy Burr (teddy bear): when a stuffed animal gets under your saddle.
- Unnerwhere (undies): what’s that unner there?… unnerwhere?
- Peaksa (pizza): when you take a little looksie in the oven door to see if the cheese is indeed melted.
- Enbalope (envelope): when you quit eloping earlier than planned.
- Austeen (Austin): the new teenage version of her older brother.
- Chickenout (check it out): what you do when you are too scared to jump into the cold water.
- Heronimo (Geronimo): an old Indian hero – Nora yells this when she jumps into the swimming pool.
Other tidbits of information from today’s saga: VBS has begun… hip hip hooray! My mother and I went shopping and out to lunch! Boooyah! The colorful fabrics at JoAnn’s caused me to be deeply inspired to CREATE! I bought a pattern to sew a dress for Nora! Ohhhhyeah! I was dismissed from jury duty before they even saw my outfit! Rockonnnnn! And I got a ticket from a nice officer of the law. Booo-hisssss! Traffic school, here I come! No, I wasn’t speeding… the city closed the road that is the closest entrance onto the freeway… and I took it anyway… for the last time.