Our Colombiana princessa turned nine this week. Here she is with her new Mermaid beach towel.
Several weeks ago, Nora and I were eating lunch and I mentioned that she should make a list of ideas for birthday gifts that she may like to receive. At first she replied, “I can’t really think of anything,” but I got a pad of paper and a pen and sat ready to transcribe her hopes for her upcoming ninth birthday. I knew the family members would ask what she would like… and the kids always seem to come up with gift ideas that I never would dream of… so I sat…. ready. It seems with a bit of prodding and suggesting, she actually DID have some ideas that I found amusing and HIGHLY particular. Here is a short list from the long list:
- Pink girl Lego’s
- The DVD of Parent Trap
- Dive sticks for the swimming pool FOR GIRLS
- Purple piggy bank
- Sleeping bag for a girl
- Liquid paint: gold, light green, light pink, lavender, turquoise and black
- Ruffly socks for her dolly
- Turquoise church dress with sparkles that is tight on the top and goes big on the bottom, size 7
- Mermaid beach towel
- White high heels with 1 flower or 1 bow on each shoe, size 1
- “N” necklace with blue sparkles
See?!? She knows what she likes! So cute! And my sister-in-law FOUND the exact dress that Nora explained from her visions of beautifulness!