My husband actually called the couch a chesterfield this week and he hasn’t even been watching Downton Abbey. I believe it was a Canadian flashback for him. I remember my Canadian grandparents using that term for the sofa, but not my husband!
Meanwhile, back on the chesterfield, I have made several life altering discoveries.
1. Healing takes time. Time allows you to think and write and read, all activities that tend to get brushed to the sidelines during a busy schedule. I have missed writing. I need to carve out some time to express myself with written words. It brings me joy…. and I like joy. It’s one of my favorite things, but not exactly in a brown paper package tied up with string. (Name that movie song.)
2. My daughter and my niece hand picked lovely yellow and purple wildflowers, placed them in jars and brought them to my coffee table that holds everything I could possibly use while on the couch. I have spent long moments watching little bugs crawl all over the sunny blooms. A bit of wildlife right here in the living room.
3. Sunshine on my shoulders makes me happy. (Name that artist.) My front yard blooms are in their glory mode and I have spent time each day sunning myself next to their colorful display: royal blue lobelia, cadmium snap dragons and pansies, hot pink, pale pink, variegated and snow white Sweet Williams, four shades of purples in pansies, violets and violas, and a salmon pink geranium that has yet to open its glowy blooms for my pleasure. Vitamin D is a glorious bonus. My nature journal is calling to me to capture the array of colors.
4. I am the sole individual who wipes out the microwave. Sad but true. Come on over and have a looksie at a week’s worth of blown up food bits.
5. Ringo the wiener dog eats orange foamy earplugs. Disgusting.
6. I truly am a night owl. Even on narcotics, my best hours are from 11:00 p.m. to 1:00 a.m. However, this was aided by a total of six hours of napping today.
I pray you are blessed with a full night of restful sleep while I am uninterrupted on the chesterfield.